Dr. Gordy Alam attended
The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, TX
where he earned his M.D. and Ph.D.
He then pursued sub-specialty training in Gastroenterology and
earned his Board Cerfification in Gastroenterology from the
American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Alam has been practicing in The Woodlands, Conroe,
Montgomery, Willis & Spring area since 2006.
He resides in The Woodlands with his wife and two children.
BOARD CERTIFIED IN GASTROENTEROLOGY & INTERNAL MEDICINE
GASTROENTEROLOGY FELLOWSHIP, Tulane University, New Orleans.
INTERNAL MEDICINE, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans.
- M.D. The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, 1995.
- Ph.D. The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, 1991.
Dept. of Human Biochemistry & Genetics.
- Texas Medical Association
- Montgomery County Medical Society
GI RELATED PUBLICATIONS
- Massive infiltration of the liver by melanoma mimicking Budd-Chiari Syndrome.
- Cutaneous Sarcoidosis with asymptomatic pulmonary involvement following treatment of chronic Hepatitis C with Pegylated Interferon Alpha 2b.
- Ph.D. dissertation: Gene Regulation in the Liver During the Inflammatory Process.
- Collaborated with faculty and published 17 articles in leading journals.
- Clinical research on treatment of Hepatitis C with PEG-Interferon & Ribavirin.
- Presented several cases in GI Fellows' Case Conferences..
- American College of Physicians Abstract Competition, Winner Local & Regional Award, 2000.
- Honors in Pediatrics Clinical Clerkship (Top Student), UTMB, 1994.
- Research Scientist, Dept. of Surgery, UTMB, 1992.
- James E. Beall II Memorial Scholarship, UTMB, 1991.